Single Track Minds are passionate trail advocates.
The team at Single Track Minds can provide State and Local Government, land owners and organisations with strategic trail planning, trail network design, and trail project management.
The experience and qualifications of the team makes Single Track Minds uniquely place to achieve the best possible outcomes for trails in WA.
Contact us for more information.
Current trail planning projects
WA State Mountain Bike Strategy
Single Track Minds have been engaged by WestCycle to prepare The WA State Mountain Bike Strategy. This strategy will provide a framework for the coordinated development, management and marketing of mountain biking opportunities in WA.
STM envisions that the State Mountain Bike Strategy will address a number of State level issues including:
- Strategic identification of sites for trail development that are in alignment with environmental policies and mapping and also provide positive and diverse mountain biking experiences;
- Developing strong governance models, in particular establishing clear roles and responsibility between local organisations and State Government;
- Establishing a clear strategic framework for trail planning and development to ensure strategic plans can be effectively and efficiently transferred to on-the- ground trail development;
- Prioritisation of sites and regions for trail development to ensure supply is in alignment with current and future demand;
- Development of funding frameworks to establish mechanisms and opportunities for funding including for trail development and ongoing maintenance; and
- Ensuring the sport of mountain biking can continue to grow through education, marketing and club development.
The project will consist of several stages including:
|1||Undertaking needs assessment and community consultation||July – August|
|2||Undertaking mountain bike trails audit||August – September|
|3||Establish future trail needs through detailed gap analyses||September|
|4||Development of a State Mountain Bike Spatial Plan||October|
|5||Development of a Strategic Framework for Action including governance models, marketing strategies and funding frameworks||October|
|6||Establishment of Implementation Frameworks and evaluation criteria||November|
|7||Presentations of findings and finalisation||December|
STM encourage all mountain bikers to become involved and have their say through completing an online survey (survey now closed thanks for your input). The information will be used to help identify the best opportunities for mountain biking in the State, the expectations and needs of all levels and types of riders, and a way forward for future trail and infrastructure development. Your involvement is greatly appreciated and please feel free to contact us at any time if you would like to provide further information or have a chat with us.
Past trail planning projects
Langford Park – Trail Network Plan
Single Track Minds was engaged by the Department of Environment and Conservation to design a Trail Network Plan for Langford Park. The Trail Network Plan consisted of two stages: Stage 1 established a network of trails to cater for diverse users groups and riding styles using existing trails, and Stage 2 designed a trail network for the development of future trails in Langford Park.
Signage of the Stage One Trail Network Plan is currently underway. Until then, here is a copy of our Stage 1 Trail Plan map.